[Gambas-user] Merry Christmas and silly problem

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 03:42:37 CET 2022

On 12/25/22 19:29, Dag JNJ wrote:
> First now I got my PC to run again with Matte 22.04.1 and put the settings ok. Installed the latest version of Gambas 3.16.3
> from the repository
>
> |sudo add-apt-repository universe sudo apt update (even if add repository makes this now) sudo apt install gambas3 |
>

> with no error.
>
> The silly problem looks like this:
> /
> //  Select Case mn//
> //    Case mn <= 100//
> //      iv = 10//
> //    Case mn <= 1000//
> //      iv = 100//
> //    Case mn <= 10000//
> //      iv = 1000//
> //    Case mn <= 100000//
> //      iv = 10000//
> //    Default //
> //      iv = 10//
> //  End Select
>     stop
>
> /mn has the value 530, so iv should be 100. iv is for interval. mn is max number.
> It always get the default value 10. I have a halt at select case, so I followed the single steps.
> And made
> /?//mn <= 100//(=false, correct)
> ? ///mn <= 1000//(=true, also correct)
> //
> The iv=100 should have been taken, I simply can't see why not.

Your syntax is wrong in the Case statements. Try:
[code]
   Select Case mn
     Case 0 To 100
       iv = 10
     Case 101 To 1000
       iv = 100
     Case 1001 To 10000
       iv = 1000
     Case 10001 To 100000
       iv = 10000
       iv = 10
   End Select
[/code]

Or, the way I think you were actually wanting to make it work:
[code]
   Select Case True
     Case mn <= 100
       iv = 10