[Gambas-user] Trying charts - how to do that?

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:56:53 CET 2022

On 09/12/2022 09:00, gian via User wrote:
> Il 09/12/22 09:14, Christof Thalhofer ha scritto:
>> You can do many things with Gnuplot, even interactive or animated
>> charts, but that's a topic I haven't covered yet. I use only basic
>> functions of it.
>>
>> This is an impressive website about Gnuplot:
>>
>> http://www.gnuplotting.org/
>
> As you already know I believe that Gambas should have "everything
> built in" in a simple and easy way for those who do not have time and
> ability to use complicated things and have to learn 10 different
> languages and/or programs.
>
> With Gambas a craftsman, a professional, a small company is able with
> little effort to produce software for their own business.
>
> This is the great merit of Gambas that should never be lost.
>
> Basically, the slogan could be: Once you learn how to use it you are
> able to do anything you need for your own business :-)
>
> I wish you a good day
>
> Gianluigi

in other-words, having a component that talks to gnoplot behind the
scenes, and exposes the presentation options available, and takes the
data as a property. That way you learn the "gambas" graph component,
rather than directly learning about gnuplot, it just becomes a
dependency for that component. the output svg could have it's own
"image" object, or allow to be written to an image/picture object, or
printer.

that would be nice, but someone has to write it :-)
Tim