[Gambas-user] gb.map Sort of aside - geonames alternatives

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 10:10:42 CET 2022

can you send me your code so I can see what you are doing wrong... Not
today but I will have some time on the week end.

For the popup menu ... maybe you can simply add a standard menu
with code :

MapView1.Map.Center = MapView1.Map.PixelToMapPointRel(Point(Mouse.x,
Mouse.y))

PixelToMapRel return a geographic point from the X,Y pos in the displayed
viewport. Contrary to PixelToMap that return a geo point from the global
map in pixel.

My test forms are about many things ... too many and somes are complex when
I try to get government datas :-P with third party connection way.

Le mer. 7 déc. 2022 à 09:24, BB <adamnt42 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> @Fabien
>
> Getting back to gb.map, probably the two things I really need are below
>
> On 6/12/22 9:46 pm, BB wrote:
> > What I am wondering is how to
> >
> > 1) put a "flag" by which I mean one of those google.maps red golf ball
> > tees type of thing on a gb.map that shows the location of the winery
> > and get it to follow the map around as it is zoomed or scrolled
> >
> > 2) add into the map popup menu a "Center map here" item to redraw the
> > map with the current mouse positioned centered there
> >
> I can get the map tiles and all the normal things in the map control
> work well. Dragging, zooming etc. What I don't understand is how to use
> the layers to add things like the golf tee or a popup menu. I have
> looked at the your test forms in the component, particularly the one
> that uses openstreetmap, I can sort of follow your code but when I try
> it myself I just can't get it right. (In fact I can't get it to work at
> all)

Fabien Bodard