[Gambas-user] gb.map Sort of aside - geonames alternatives

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:23:01 CET 2022

@Fabien

Getting back to gb.map, probably the two things I really need are below

On 6/12/22 9:46 pm, BB wrote:
> What I am wondering is how to
>
> 1) put a "flag" by which I mean one of those google.maps red golf ball
> tees type of thing on a gb.map that shows the location of the winery
> and get it to follow the map around as it is zoomed or scrolled
>
> 2) add into the map popup menu a "Center map here" item to redraw the
> map with the current mouse positioned centered there

I can get the map tiles and all the normal things in the map control
work well. Dragging, zooming etc. What I don't understand is how to use
the layers to add things like the golf tee or a popup menu. I have
looked at the your test forms in the component, particularly the one
that uses openstreetmap, I can sort of follow your code but when I try
it myself I just can't get it right. (In fact I can't get it to work at all)