[Gambas-user] what abaut a sabbatical freeze?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Mon Apr 25 20:16:02 CEST 2022

Am 25.04.22 um 13:17 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> 'gb.gtk' is the GTK+2 component, you didn't remove it, so it's normal
> you still get it.

Ah, ok. I don't understand these mechanisms, thank you for clarification.

> Apparently there is something in the QT5 version of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
> that breaks the QT5 component on Gambas 3.17.

Ok, thank you. I will have to upgrade a couple of computers to switch to
20.04. his will take some time.

> The QT4 and QT5 components almost share the same code, at least for text
> rendering.
>
> As for the flickering, I would say that XFCE is in cause more than
> GTK+3, but who knows. You can check that by changing the window manager
> (with composition enabled, without...). At least I have no idea how it
> could be Gambas' fault.

I have also no idea. It's fixed by forcing the IDE to Qt4 and I'm not
going to investigate it further, hoping this is all history in XUbuntu
20.04. :)

> To know exactly what happens, you must be more precise, by explaining
> each problem clearly, and testing them separately.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I wanted to put it in the list because it's
so unclear.... maybe others encounter the same phenomenon.

> For the IDE crash while debugging, it's almost sure that it's a bug in
> Gambas. But then you must give me a project that allows me to reproduce
> it so, or at least describe what you did exactly, so that I could fix it.

I was not able to reproduce it. If so, I would have written a project
for the bugtracker.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--