[Gambas-user] what abaut a sabbatical freeze?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Mon Apr 25 11:17:29 CEST 2022

Am 10.04.22 um 23:00 schrieb Christof Thalhofer:

> Am 10.04.22 um 19:16 schrieb roberto.premoli at tiscali.it:
>
>> i am... say, tired of the continue "rolling release" i see
>> around.
>> "release fast, release often" can be nice fro who like new
>> features, but less to whom prefere "stability".

As I now try to do my every-day-work with 3.17.2 I see that Gambas3 has
lost stability and reliability compared to 3.16.3 in a way I never saw
at a release of a new sub version.

I have to go back to 3.16 because 3.17 at current state is unusable for
me. I am quite glad that I have not yet rolled out 3.17 in my firm and
that we have our own Apt server.

There are numerous things that happened this morning while I was
debugging a feature, for instance:

Doubleclick on a variable showed "3 " while the content was 30. This
drove me crazy as I first mentioned a lot of other things to be the
reason but not the IDE.

The IDE crashed while debugging as a DB result had an empty column. I do
not know if it crashed because of that, because in the next run the IDE
did not crash.

I had to start the IDE with 'GB_GUI=gb.qt4 gambas3' because with Qt5
autocompletion is buggy (only on my main computer) and with Gtk3 the
Layout of the IDE is flickering and broken.

This morning Gambas looked like PyGlade as I tried it out in 2014:
Crashes and weird behavior ...

... normally I know Gambas3 and the IDE as rock solid.

Now I really have to agree to a "sabbatical freeze".

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur