[Gambas-user] IDE Does Not execute App if a copy of the app is open on the computer from another source.

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:18:00 CEST 2022

On 4/21/22 14:04, Brian G wrote:
> It turns out that it only happens when using mate-terminal or xfce4-terminal
>
> None of the other emulators cause the issue.
>
> Even more detail .......
>
> It only happens if both the standalone execution and IDE execution both use the same emulator  that being the  mate-terminal or
> xfce4-terminal emulator.

I did not fully understand what you were asking previously, Brian, when you asked if I used terminal emulation. I used Konsole
which is a terminal emulator, so, yes, I did use terminal emulation. But, I did not use terminal emulation *within the IDE*.

I have now tried that. The IDE defaults to using Konsole (I don't see any way to configure my preferred emulator within the
IDE), and the program works as expected even with another copy running independently in a separate Konsole.

BTW, Benoît, Ctrl-C works on my system giving a signal Const of Integer = 2. This leads me to believe that the example on the
wiki[1] is incorrect when it shows to catch CTRL+C in a terminal with, "Signal[Signal.SIGTERM].Catch". I don't know who authored
that nor the reason for that particular text. Am I right in thinking it should be "Signal[Signal.SIGINT].Catch"?

--
Lee

[1] http://gambaswiki.org/edit/comp/gb.signal