[Gambas-user] IDE Does Not execute App if a copy of the app is open on the computer from another source.

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Thu Apr 21 20:04:47 CEST 2022

>> Lol, Good point

>> It only happens if the ide/emulation and the Stand alone app
>> both use mate-terminal or both use xfce4-terminal all others work fine..

>> even if you mix them mate-xfce4 or xfc4-mate it does not happen.

>> So my mate system defaulting to mate-terminal caused me this issue, gee

>> I wonder if this can somehow be fixed, as it is a little confusing.

>> Thanks Ben

> Hi,

> Sorry but I didn't follow the discussion, just reporting that here the code
> works fine :-)
> Both in the ide and in my bash shell with this code:

Yea it is random if you run it inside bash shell it fails if you run it as native app inside the emulated terminal:

mate-terminal -x TestQuit.gambas &

It turns out that it only happens when using mate-terminal or xfce4-terminal

None of the other emulators cause the issue.

Even more detail .......

It only happens if both the standalone execution and IDE execution both use the same emulator that being the mate-terminal or xfce4-terminal emulator.

This is new discovery of course since mate-terminal and xfce4-terminal did not work correctly as emulators in the IDE. And in the past the IDE defaulted to something else.

Oh Well.....