[Gambas-user] IDE Does Not execute App if a copy of the app is open on the computer from another source.

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Thu Apr 21 15:21:22 CEST 2022

----- On Apr 20, 2022, at 3:08 PM, Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com wrote:

> Le 21/04/2022 à 00:06, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
>>
>> What's the name of your '*.gambas' executable file?
>>

> Other question: did you try the "Debug extern process" menu entry before?
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Hi Ben,

  Sorry to flog this to death, but here is what I found in my investigation so far.

  1) Starting the TestQuit.gambas from with a bash session does not always show the issue
  2) To create the issue every time I created an executable in my home directory
  3) I launch executable such that it runs natively from a terminal with this command:

          mate-terminal -x TestQuit.gambas &

  4) I start the IDE and open the TestQuit.gambas project
  5) I set the IDE to use the terminal emulator - mine uses mate-terminal by default
  6) I Attempt to start/run the TestQuit project in the ide using the run option
  6) The IDE opens the emulated terminal, does not start the app and exits the run option leaving the terminal emulator open.
  7) I have since discovered that this happens in my testing and is reliably repeatable running any app natively inside a terminal  (i.e. without the bash shell) so far that are using signals.

  8) This does not occur if you do not use the terminal emulation and allow the project to run in the IDE console. Then they co-exist happily.

  9) I verified the IDE starting to run the project by placing a breakpoint in the first executable line of the TestQuit project.

I hope this helps you create the issue locally

Thanks