[Gambas-user] QT gui no longer working correctly! I think...

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:23:14 CEST 2022

Le 04/04/2022 à 22:01, Brian G a écrit :

> Ok here is the outcome of the testing.
>
> gtk, processes io on each wait call.
>
> QT does not process io on each wait call unless one adds a wait time : wait 0.01 or : wait next.
> The wait documentation "now: seems to indicate wait does not process any IO(kb or mouse any more)
>
> For my realtime apps I can Not do this.......
>
> Up until this week or so, qt has also processed io .....
>
> So most of my apps are real time, they do stuff and occasionally call wait to check for io.
>
> So all my apps seem to be f..ed for qt....
>
> When did this happen and why it is crazy ?
>
> Is there some way in my code to check if io (mouse or keyboard) is waiting process??/?
>
> It is a little disturbing I think.
>
> "Failure is the key to success;
>   each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
> Brian G

No idea what you are talking about...

WAIT without argument calls the event loop, except that in that specific
syntax GUI components must disable the process of -input- events.

Otherwise you must WAIT NEXT Or WAIT with a specific timeout.

If the GTK+ component does process input event using the WAIT syntax,
it's a bug.

--
Benoît Minisini