[Gambas-user] QT gui no longer working correctly! I think...

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Mon Apr 4 22:01:34 CEST 2022

> Ok, after testing.
>
> Bruces fixes, fix the display to be correct.
>
> But, none of the windows in my app receive any click/dblclick or key events, but
> they do receive the resize, hide events, but not the close event.
>
> When I create a simple test app I can not get it to repeat the same behavior!
>
> It appear that in my app the QT wait in some cases does not see the internal
> events and process them.
>
> This just started happening in the few days to a week or so, it is very
> frustrating as my app is broken suddenly that has been working before.
>
> I will have to dig into the qt component to see what was changed I guess.
>
> I will report the bug as soon as I can nail down just what is failing.
>
> "Failure is the key to success;
> each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
> Brian G
>
> ----- On Apr 4, 2022, at 7:46 AM, T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On 4/4/22 06:18, Bruce Steers wrote:
>>>

>>> On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 at 21:26, Brian G <brian at westwoodsvcs.com
>>> <mailto:brian at westwoodsvcs.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Using mint 20.3
>>>     Creating forms from within my app dynamically.
>>>     setting the env to gtk looks like this and works correctly:
>>>     Setting the env to qt looks like this and does not respond to any mouse inputs.
>>>     All text is shifted to the left off screen.
>>>
>>>     Has anyone else seen this behavior.
>>>

>>> I can reproduce that behavior if i do the following...
>>> Manually make a form with size 400x100 and do not set .Arrangement
>>> Then manually add a button with same size 400x100
>>> Like your picture shows on QT there is a gap but not in GTK
>>>
>>> But if i set Arrangement = Arrange.Fill (or any other arrange setting than None)
>>> then no problem
>>>
>>> BruceS
>>>

>> I can confirm that this happens on Qt5 (on KDE Plasma desktop), but not on GTK3,
>> with Arrangement.None. It is not only on
>> manually created forms, though. It also occurs with a manually created button on
>> FMain.
>>
>> Setting the button's X and Y properties to zero also alleviates the issue.
>>

>> --
>> Lee

Ok here is the outcome of the testing.

gtk, processes io on each wait call.

QT does not process io on each wait call unless one adds a wait time : wait 0.01 or : wait next.
The wait documentation "now: seems to indicate wait does not process any IO(kb or mouse any more)

For my realtime apps I can Not do this.......

Up until this week or so, qt has also processed io .....

So most of my apps are real time, they do stuff and occasionally call wait to check for io.

So all my apps seem to be f..ed for qt....

When did this happen and why it is crazy ?

Is there some way in my code to check if io (mouse or keyboard) is waiting process??/?

It is a little disturbing I think.