[Gambas-user] Need help with TextEditor

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:09:21 CEST 2021

On Thu, 16 Sept 2021 at 16:40, Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-sse at osnanet.de>
wrote:

> Thank you for the links, Bruce. I browsed through several source files,
> and think I understood the principle.
>
> What I miss is, how do I tell the highlighter which style is which color?
>
> In the HTML code for instance there is
>
> Add(sQuote, Highlight.String)
>
> But where is a definition for the color for Highlight.String? I remember
> in the old editor, I had to define colors for these.
>
> If I get that to run, I guess I could do the rest by code. In my case
> it's only two colors other than "Normal", one for "command" and one for
> "string".
>
> Regards
> Rolf

You set the texts highlight style with Add()
there are various highlight styles to choose from.
al the constants listed on this page.
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.eval.highlight/highlight

by setting it's style you set whet colour it will be displayed as as per
the theme.

for example..
TextEditor1.Styles[Highlight.Operator].Color = Color.Green
BruceS