[Gambas-user] Saving settings on system shutdown

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 12:59:31 CEST 2021

I have a program that starts with my system and runs in the background.

It has icons i can move and on exit it saves the positions.

I have noticed if i do not exit the program but shutdown the computer the
settings do not save.

Of course i could just save the settings on moving icons but i wondered if
there is a recommended method to catch an application exit due to a
shutdown?
Does the system just kill the program?

I guessed DBus would probably be the best alternative way but wouldn't hurt
to ask the experts if there is already an easier way.

Thanks for any advice :)

BruceS