[Gambas-user] Minimum components for WebForms developing

Jesus Guardon ea7dfh at ea7dfh.com
Sun Nov 28 16:07:27 CET 2021

Hi all

I'm digging for the minimum number of components to be installed in a
headless server to work with WebForms, because I don't need to install
desktop or GUI tool-kits at all. Only serving webpages using gambas
programming, mysql, etc.

But the gambas-runtime wants to install x-server, so I'll ask if it's
strictly necessary.

Anyone did a sort of test doing this? Is it enough to install all the
components but not the graphic ones?

Is there a way to not install any graphical dependency related to a
graphical desktop which is not going to be used in any way?

The box is an AWS vps (free for a year from now on), no big resources,
tho, with Ubuntu server 20.04 using stable PPA, just for fun and
learning WebForms.

Thanks in advance

Jesus