[Gambas-user] X11 Display

John Dovey dovey.john at gmail.com
Wed May 19 23:42:05 CEST 2021

Well, I don’t know about all of that. I’m running Ubuntu on WSL (Windows)
and run a free server on windows and everything seems to run just fine. I
get the odd hiccup every now and then but just close the window and reopen
it and it’s working again.

JD

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 12:02 PM PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> software rasterizer is a module in X org service, to made all opengl by
> software event by hardware, in my computers the powered NVIDIA GPU card was
> pretty fantasting made all by this module (eventu usage of the stupid nv
> one).
>
> but now that was removed (fu*cking removed) and now any linux that dont
> have opengl canot start any aplication..  by example if you dont have a
> SUPPORTED intel, amd (ati) or nvidia (puach) GPU with right supported Xorg
> module, you dont be able to run almost any applications, Matrox and SGI are
> powered GPU's that cannot be able to run some applications due that stupid
> behaviour
>
> inclusivelly if the first error XDG_RUNTIME_DIR that is not so importat is
> resolved you cannot runs almost any application. is a sh*t problem of QT
> today and mostly any kind of linux developing
>
> unfortunatelly all developers today are windoser like and opengl is forced
> !
>

> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
>

> El sáb, 15 de may. de 2021 a la(s) 09:56, John Dovey (dovey.john at gmail.com)
> escribió:
>
>> Probably a *noob* question, but when I start gambas3 from the command
>> line on Ubuntu 20.04 WSL2, I get the following:
>>
>> $ gambas3
>> QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to
>> '/tmp/runtime-boondock'
>> libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
>> libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
>>
>> Any idea what this means? Is there something I need to configure or
>> install?
>>
>> Thanks
>> John
>>
>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----