[Gambas-user] How to make Textbox only accept alphabetic and numbers characters

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 21:12:47 CEST 2021

On Mon, 10 May 2021 at 13:07, Hasan Merkit <hasanmerkit at outlook.com> wrote:

> Re:Re: Bruce
>

> I know the Gambas language is not the same as VB.Net. I just searched for
> a long time and couldn't.
>

> When I couldn't do it, I wanted to get help from here and show an example.
>

> I'm sorry if I pissed you off about this.

Might I suggest you also join some forums Hasan?
Check this page out...
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/forum
There are a few forums there of a few languages.

I personally (this is just me it is not a rule) Tend to ask only more
advanced questions here.
Most people here have been here some time and you will get a little
"RTFM!!" from some ;)
(if you do not know RTFM means "read the f**ing manual!" and has been
around since the AOL help team coined it)

(That other Bruce has moaned at me too ;) , he means well and does have a
good point to be fair)

I think it is a shame these mailing lists merged, aparently there used to
be more than one but now this is the only one.
This gives us a mix of advanced gambas programmers including Benoit himself
and some beginners looking for basic advice.

But questions because you have not read the docs very well will have the
seasoned users here moan because they have answered the same question many
times.

you may find the forums easier to search for info. I know the mailing list
search can be a bit of a needle in a haystack.

Just a thought.
BruceS
(a different one , still a bit of an old git though ;) )