[Gambas-user] gb.web.gui components

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:25:41 CEST 2021

Le 31/03/2021 à 09:18, Safiur Rahman a écrit :
> Hi Benoît
>
> 1) I want to show and sort from a list while typing on a WebTextBox
> using Pixabay Javascript-Autocomplete
> (https://github.com/Pixabay/JavaScript-autoComplete). This JS has
> already been added to WebTextBox "Completion" Event. Please can you
> provide me an example how to use it in gb.web.gui.

You must call the CompleteWith() method during the Completion event
handler to tell the autocompletion list associated with the specified text.

Public Sub MyTextBox_Completion(Text As String)

   Dim aList As New String[]

   ' Build the autocompletion list into 'aList', according to 'Text'.

   MyTextBox.CompleteWith(aList)

End

> 2) When I use a long process (eg. slow SQL query) under menu in
> gb.web.gui the menu freezes without busy sign until the process is
> completed. However when I use WebButton for same process there is busy
> sign until the process ends. How can I get busy sign while running
> long processes from menu.

Whether there is a busy sign is decided inside the 'gb.web.gui' code for
each event. I will add it for the Click event of menus.

> 3) Is there any technique to implement application wide procedure on
> generation of error in gb.web.gui. There is Application_Error
> procedure in gambas3 GUI application. As the web application quits on
> error without informing any message to user, this can be more user
> friendly for web programming.

Application_Error is available in any Gambas application, and so when
you use 'gb.web.gui'.

But you can do inside is a bit difficult, as there is no way for the
user to know the context (inside the request process, inside the session
process, before the answer has been sent, in the middle of the request
answer...)

Benoît Minisini