[Gambas-user] Error installing Gambas Master

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:56:53 CET 2021

> Master switched from QT to GTK3 some time ago as GTK3 has most need for
> bug testing at present as it's newest.
>
> just prefix dock icon with env GB_GUI=gb.qt5 gambas3 to force QT on master

Personally (just my view) I'm sticking with master and gtk3 and reporting
ALL the bugs i find until i find no more.
It's getting better every day :)

The last error was just an after-glitch in what is yet another improvement.
I reported glitches in the way some of the toolkits write label text (text
getting cut off in qt)
Now gambas does not use/rely on the toolkit Labels and TextLabels at all it
creates it's own.

Master will get better faster if we all stick with it and help squish the
bugs.

but like i say, that's just me, I understand for many their gambas
installation can be considered more "crucial" and they cannot afford to use
the version that has "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!" it it's title bar.

hehe , it gets me every time,
I kinda take it for granted and forget that most of the software i use I
have hand written in gambas and when there's a bug in master suddenly MOST
of the software i use does not work. grrrr
But it just makes me a better bug reporter as I get straight on the
bugtracker and moan and Benoit is frankly amazing at tracking the bugs down
and squishing them. my suggestions are more often than not way off the mark
lol  , live and learn though eh ;)

Al the best
BruceS