[Gambas-user] Error ODBC

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 19:55:23 CEST 2021

Le 14/07/2021 à 19:03, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

>> OK, I confirm the bug.
>>

> I identified two problems:
>
> 1) The record count is badly computed because apparently some of the
> ODBC functions return unexpected incoherent results.
>
> The workaround is to switch to no record count mode.
>
> 2) 'gb.db.odbc' tries to set the ODBC statements scrollable flag, so
> that it can freely switch between rows. The ODBC driver returns a
> success (i.e. it tells "you can do that"), but then either it fails to
> switch to a row or to return row contents without raising any error at all.
>
> I will try to find a workaround too.

OK, the problem was not so bad.

The point 2) was actually a problem in the point 1) workaround.

So now, things should be fixed in the last commit.

Please report if you encounter any other problems with SQLite through ODBC.

I can tell you one that is not fixable: you won't see boolean fields
with ODBC, only with 'gb.db.sqlite'.

Benoît Minisini