[Gambas-user] something's broken (do not know what)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 00:10:54 CEST 2021

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021, 22:13 Benoît Minisini, <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 13/07/2021 à 15:57, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >
> > Right this bug fixed on LinuxMint but on Debian11 i'm getting it and i
> > cannot fix it.
> > i used your gdb command and got this text...
> >
> > I hope it means more to you than it does to me.
> >
> > bonus at debian:/mnt/SSDiskspace/git/scripted-oldgambas$ GB_GUI=gb.gtk3
> gdb
> > gbx3
>  > [...]
>
> Thanks, it is looping forever where it should, or (better) where it
> should not: searching for a default control to focus.
>
> I have no idea why I can't reproduce the problem. Maybe you didn't tell
> me exactly what you did.
>
> Otherwise, there is another bug in GTK+3 that makes your program eat
> 100% CPU: opeing a pipe for watching. For an unknown reason to me, the
> GTK+3 event loop is woken up permanently when it watches the pipe file
> descriptor (but not the QT event loop).
>
> By the way, I don't know why you implemented this pipe thing. You are
> reinventing DBus actually.

Aah I'll look into that, any pipe stuff is residual from me recently
changing to dbus (only did that the other day) using a pipe was how I first
did it. I'll remove it. I pushed the changes to fix the git repo yesterday
but it wasn't really ready.
Will be nice if it's the pipe causing the trouble. Will be home in an hour
to test.

Thanks for looking into it.

Odd though how it's now fixed in mint.
Deb 11 now has bug but not if I revert that commit i mentioned. Bug goes
away without those changes?

Respects
BruceS