[Gambas-user] something's broken (do not know what)

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 23:12:55 CEST 2021

Le 13/07/2021 à 15:57, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> Right this bug fixed on LinuxMint but on Debian11 i'm getting it and i
> cannot fix it.
> i used your gdb command and got this text...
>
> I hope it means more to you than it does to me.
>
> bonus at debian:/mnt/SSDiskspace/git/scripted-oldgambas$ GB_GUI=gb.gtk3 gdb
> gbx3
 > [...]

Thanks, it is looping forever where it should, or (better) where it
should not: searching for a default control to focus.

I have no idea why I can't reproduce the problem. Maybe you didn't tell
me exactly what you did.

Otherwise, there is another bug in GTK+3 that makes your program eat
100% CPU: opeing a pipe for watching. For an unknown reason to me, the
GTK+3 event loop is woken up permanently when it watches the pipe file
descriptor (but not the QT event loop).

By the way, I don't know why you implemented this pipe thing. You are
reinventing DBus actually.

Benoît Minisini