[Gambas-user] Faster compiler

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 17:03:41 CET 2021

Additional....

Note. Mime skip = In my make install files i use xdg-mime to test blank
> files and see if the filetype is known and skip the mime install if the
> gambas files are recognised.
> See the commit here:
> https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/commit/40224153abecd46e7782e37002f2e2f0db70abe8

Note on the mime skip , on systems like fedora and suse xdg-mime when run
as root detects the blank files as text/plain (the scripts) each time and
similar fail on the blank gambas exe so does not skip installing but just
re-installs each time , on debian and ubuntu it does detect and skips. so
it is not exactly perfect but does not break anything.

I'll run some tests on a raspberry later.
BruceS