[Gambas-user] su on non english computers

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 05:04:39 CET 2021

Yes i am sure , It works , thanks.  jeesh
I'd thank you for all you other words but i don't want them. for starters
my question is about su not sudo.

could you at least tell me if you type in a terminal..
su -c "echo 'i like to be a smart arse'"

what does su ask ?'
Does it say
Password:
In English or is it written in your language?

that was my question.
I thought it was a simple question.

Anyone else?

BruceS

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 01:58, Jussi Lahtinen <jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Are you sure you can get the password that way? Sounds fishy to me.
> Anyway, look at sudo arguments  --command-timeout and --validate. I think
> they may offer a more standard way to do this.

nope.  ;)