[Gambas-user] gb.web.gui tutorials or info

jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu
Fri Jan 15 02:18:23 CET 2021

January 14, 2021 7:51 PM, "Benoît Minisini" <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 15/01/2021 à 01:00, jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu a écrit :
>
>> Hi, are there any tutorials or some more info on gb.web.gui besides
>> the class help? I am having difficulty coming to grips with designing
>> the application gui with the different components.
>
> I plan to rewrite the bugtracker entirely with gb.web.gui, so that we
> have a real project that can be used as a tutorial.

That will be great!

> So I can just tell you that you must first understand that a program
> made with gb.web.gui is a CGI script, and so you must know how a CGI
> script works.

I know, at least in general terms, how CGI scripts work, but as I understand it, gb.web.gui hides the complexities of outputting to the webclient so you can sort of use a design at least similar to a desktop gui, is that right? Anyway, my first problem was while designing the gui interface, I could not get the components to do what I thought they would do, coming from a desktop gui metaphor. I started from the Hello World project created from New Project and was impressed by it's simplicity and capability, then started changing things around, but could never get it to look like I thought it should. Maybe my expectations are all wrong?

Regards,
Joe1962