[Gambas-user] Free as in freedom

jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu
Tue Feb 23 15:22:02 CET 2021

February 23, 2021 5:54 AM, "Martin" <mbelmonte at belmotek.net> wrote:

> Now, a gambas software is interpreted by an interpreter, so in the
> executable.gambas, which part is from the developer and which part is
> from the gambas libraries or components?
> If the component or library is GPL2, can you put part of it in a closed
> program?

Now that was exactly the point I was trying to make a couple of days ago. What effect does the license of the Gambas libraries and runtime interpreter have on our own programs that necessarily use them? All those online discussions surrounding the use of dynamically or statically linked libraries, runtimes, GPL vs. LGPL libraries, etc, are, frankly, legalese to me, which is a language I don't understand very well and gives me headaches...

Regards,
Joe1962