[Gambas-user] How to create a plugin system for your Gambas project

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 00:17:01 CET 2021

On 2/18/21 1:37 PM, olivier coquet wrote:
> It seems that I don't understand things very well.
> _It is not the Gambas mailing list but the Gambas USERS mailing list, nuance_.
> Where is it written that these users should only develop free software?
> Certainly not in the GPL license (read it again, it seems to me that you miss some information about it).
> To my knowledge, Gambas is a tool, a tool is made to do things, free or not. AND in any case, I think that the only one whose
> opinion may be relevant at this stage is Benoit, if he tells me he disagrees with the principle of developing commercial
> software with Gambas I would bow, but until he gives an opinion I remain on my position.
> I thought that the Gambas community had evolved in the direction of open-mindedness, it seems that this is not the case.

Benoît has created and made Gambas freely available. And, as others have noted, even he uses this tool to create applications
for his clients. So, in my humble opinion, you should not let the haughtiness and negativity of one represent the attitude of
the community as a whole. I personally would be glad to help anyone learn to use Gambas to create whatever they wish with it --
even if they make money on it. And why not? Not on bit does it lower my status in life to help someone else raise theirs.

So carry on, Olivier. Create something that solves peoples' problems or enhances their lives. And don't let anyone dissuade you. :-)

--
Lee