[Gambas-user] Run command after making exe (options)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:27:09 CET 2021

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021, 22:00 Benoît Minisini, <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 17/02/2021 à 22:39, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >

> > On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 at 19:43, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com
> > <mailto:g4mba5 at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Le 15/02/2021 à 17:29, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >      >
> >      >
> >      > On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 at 21:02, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com
> >     <mailto:bsteers4 at gmail.com>
> >      > <mailto:bsteers4 at gmail.com <mailto:bsteers4 at gmail.com>>> wrote:
> >      >
> >      >     Hi.
> >      >     I'm trying to use the "Run command after" option when making
> >     an exe
> >      >     to auto-alter some version texts in various files
> >      >     i made a gbs script file that i can place in the source
> >     folder and
> >      >     it does the version change okay but i can't launch it.
> >      >
> >       > [...]
> >
> >     I have replaced the '$(FOLDER)' substitution by '$(DIR)', fixed your
> >     tooltip text, and replaced it by an explicit help label.
> >

> > 2 things.....
> >
> > 1. Could we remove the quotes from $(DIR)  ?
> > It would make it easier to use paths like '$(DIR)/filename'
>
> Just write $(DIR)'/filename', it should work.

Aah cool , cheers 🙂

> > 2. also what's the chances of the TextBox becoming a TextArea for a
> > little more advanced scripting?
>
> It should not be a problem. But this feature was intented for very
> simple things.

Okay  understand
I could use ; to multiline.
I hit a snag in fedora last night where my command made on mint would have
worked fine if it accounted for /media or /run/media.
I ended up symlinking the dirs on fedora.
That's when I thought a little more scope in the command box will be handy.
Okay if you feel it's not needed.

> thirdly (sorry 3 things)
> > possibly a checkbox to disable any text output in the console?
> > currently even if my command has no output the console still prints the
> > command line. (it overides warnings tab)
>
> Why? You must want to see the output of your command, to check that it
> was run and that there were no problem.

Well I did at first but now the command is running fine I tried to disable
the output as do not need it now. But the console tab is all i see now.
Even if warnings the console always shows.

Or maybe let warning tab take priority over console message when making exe?

Or if you stopped the console echoing the the command and just print the
output then I could control if I got output or not with >/dev/null

All the best 😎
BruceS