[Gambas-user] Proposed "gb.statistics" component - volunteer(s) requested

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:38:21 CET 2021

Le 02/02/2021 à 22:23, Bruce a écrit :
> On 3/2/21 1:16 am, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Le 01/02/2021 à 22:28, Bruce a écrit :
>>> I have created a gitlab project at
>>> https://gitlab.com/brucebruen/gb.statistics
>>>
>>> Is it useable?
>>>

>> A question: why didn't you ask to extend the gb.gsl component by
>> providing interfaces to its statistics functions?
>>
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/doc/html/statistics.html
>>

> Several reasons, but mainly that it is pure Gambas, no external calls.
> In fact I started that way but it was quicker to write the functions
> than work out the interfacing parameters.

Hi, Bruce.

I have extended the 'gb.gsl' component with the statistics functions in
provides. The Float[] has been extended with a "Stat" virtual property
so that you can issue FloatArray.Stat.StatFunc() to apply StatFunc on
FloatArray.

I notice that you have other functions in your 'gb.statistics'
component, so I suggest adding a Gambas part to the gb.gsl component
that could include the missing statistic functions, which could be
rewritten on top on the existing GSL ones when it makes sense.

What do you think? I'm not a statistic man, so I ask you.

--
Benoît Minisini