[Gambas-user] Click and mousemove not firing...

Bruce adamnt42 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 17:00:20 CET 2021

On 5/2/21 2:07 am, Tobias Boege wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Feb 2021, Bruce Steers wrote:
>> One thought i have is maybe virus checking can only happen at a single
>> depth level with archives, so a standard zip that is just contents in a
>> single archive can be checked (i know most virus checkers can also check a
>> zips contents) but a tar.gz will be an archive within an archive possibly
>> making it not checkable?
>> Just a random thought?
>>

> If that's true, then this is a regression. I have happily sent and received
> .tar.gz archives on this list for a decade, with only *occasional* outages
> that were attributed to spam/virus alarms being set off at Google.
>
> But as Christof used to say: we don't know and we will never know. If you
> identify someone at Google who can be held responsible for these blatant
> obstructions to completely harmless email traffic, please tell us so that
> everyone could complain if they wanted to.
>
> Best,
> Tobias

Oh no, it's not virus scanning nor is it ubknown. It's all here:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6590?hl=en#zippy=%2Cmessages-that-have-attachments
The salieny bit is
	To protect you against potential viruses and harmful software, Gmail
doesn't allow you to attach certain types of files, including:

     Certain types of files, including their compressed form (like .gz
or .bz2 files) or when found within archives (like .zip or .tgz files)

IOW Google is opening your mail.