[Gambas-user] Click and mousemove not firing...

Tobias Boege tobs at taboege.de
Thu Feb 4 16:37:18 CET 2021

On Thu, 04 Feb 2021, Bruce Steers wrote:
> One thought i have is maybe virus checking can only happen at a single
> depth level with archives, so a standard zip that is just contents in a
> single archive can be checked (i know most virus checkers can also check a
> zips contents) but a tar.gz will be an archive within an archive possibly
> making it not checkable?
> Just a random thought?

If that's true, then this is a regression. I have happily sent and received
.tar.gz archives on this list for a decade, with only *occasional* outages
that were attributed to spam/virus alarms being set off at Google.

But as Christof used to say: we don't know and we will never know. If you
identify someone at Google who can be held responsible for these blatant
obstructions to completely harmless email traffic, please tell us so that
everyone could complain if they wanted to.

Best,
Tobias