[Gambas-user] http component and strong Reaction

Olivier Coquet ocoquet at 3d-phenomen.fr
Wed Feb 3 10:22:48 CET 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry that my question about the release of a component caused such
a strong reaction.

I was just asking myself a question, my intention was not to create a
polemic.

As to whether I intend to make money with my development, the answer is
no for the http-server component and yes for other developments that are
intended for particular users with a real need and no development
knowledge (Domopi product in development).

For the http component, I don't pretend to do better or as good as
Apache, but to make it simpler for non competent users.

My reflection on Windows was a provocation (sorry Bruce) and was not
intended to trigger a general outcry.

To close this discussion, I've been using Linux for 25 years now and I
largely participated in its development, it's a product I believe in.
And chances are that each of you is unknowingly using pieces of my
(volunteer) work.

Last but not least, since I posted the source code of my http component
on the Farm, my test server has been under regular attack on points that
only knowledge of the source code can justify, hence my initial question.

Friendship to all
Olivier Coquet

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)