[Gambas-user] No Graphical sudo program found

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Thu Dec 30 17:07:01 CET 2021

There are a couple of projects in the farm, that allow a gambas program to act as a graphical sudo.

The app that gets a password is written in gambas and is called by the sudo -A

set environment variable to the Gambas pasword asker App you write

Env["SUDO_ASKPASS"] = GambasGraphicPasswordAsker ' get the name of this executable

sudo -A  program_to_run_as_su

The -A will start the gambas password asker(can be any gambas graphics program)

The gambas password program that gets the password from the user does this

 Print passwordbox.text  ' the sudo askpass -A expects this app to print the password to std out

Hope this helps

"Failure is the key to success;
 each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G