[Gambas-user] No Graphical sudo program found

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:51:37 CET 2021

Il giorno gio 30 dic 2021 alle ore 16:27 T Lee Davidson <
t.lee.davidson at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On 12/30/21 10:11, Gianluigi wrote:
> > Hi Benoit and All,
> >
> > one of our friend of the Italian Forum, using this code:
> >
> > Desktop.RunAsRoot("sudo apt-get autoclean")
> >
> > Gets this answer:
> >
> > No Graphical sudo program found
> >
> > What can we say to him?
> >
> > Here the system information: (*)
> >
> > Regards
> > Gianluigi
> > (*)|
> > |
> > |[System]|
> >
> > |Gambas=3.15.2
> > OperatingSystem=Linux
> > Kernel=5.10.0-10-amd64
> > Architecture=x86_64
> > Distribution=Debian
> > Desktop=MATE
> > Theme=fusion
> > Language=it_IT.UTF-8
> > Memory=3801M|
>
> Perhaps he needs something like 'kdesudo' (for KDE-based desktops) or
> 'gksudo' (GTK). But, I do not know what the MATE desktop
> would use.
>

> --
> Lee

I saw that in gb.desktop the use of the MATE terminal (Static Public Sub
OpenMinal (Optional {dir} as string)) is provided.

Unfortunately of these things I understand little, I also saw an old
discussion between Bruce (bb) and Benoit but ... :-(

Regards
Gianluigi