[Gambas-user] Gambas on Mobian: FAILURE :-(

roberto.premoli at tiscali.it roberto.premoli at tiscali.it
Tue Dec 28 19:12:07 CET 2021

Il 28.12.2021 18:55 Benoît Minisini ha scritto:

> Le 28/12/2021 à 18:41, roberto.premoli at tiscali.it [1]a écrit :
>
>> Bounjour a tout le monde! HARDWARE: PINEPONE OS: MOBIAN (updated
>> with
>> apt-get update /upgrade 5 hours ago) GAMBAS: 3.15-2-1, installed
>> from
>> terminal emulator with apt-get install gambas3 (wait more than 2
>> hours,
>> my microSD sucks!) i run from terminal emulator: ~$ gambas3 and get:
>> WARNING: ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use
>> QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on wayland anyway. Segmentation
>> error. I
>> try the follow: ~$ QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland gambas3 and get the same
>> answer then, I try the follow: ~$ export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
>> gambas3 nothing happen, i get back the prompt at terminal emulator
>> but
>> no gambas IDE popup (comfirmed me by 'ps aux | grep gambas') Mobian
>> and
>> other GNU/linux distro for pinephone at the moment can be considered
>> alpha or to say better, pre-alfa: in short, they sucks! Many effort
>> must be done, maybe 2-3 years of developement will be necessary.
>> anyway, one of my dream is to see gambas3 runing on them: i dislike
>> android (under philosophical point of view) and i will love to see a
>> GNU/Linux distro for mobile, but much better, gambas avaylable and
>> usable on them (i wish to port on mobile what i already did with
>> gambas
>> on PC). So, here my report (i talk to much, yeah, i know) with hope
>> give help. thanks, Roberto
>
> The 3.15 version has no support for Wayland. You must use at least
> the
> 3.16 version. It will mostly work, except that there are still bugs
> in
> Wayland support from Qt, and in GTK+ (but far less), as well as
> missing
> features in the Wayland protocol extensions themselves.
>
> Did you see my message about Gambas on Pine Phone Pro?
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Benoît Minisini ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette
> [2]
> ]----

Hello Mr. Minisini,
no, i dont recall I had read your post about pinephone pro (my
pinephone is not pro, anyway).
recently i did "clean of end of year" in my mailbox ad probably i wiped
out too much... :-(

If you know, 3.16 will be placed into mobian? i will prefere to avoid
to compile it from scratch, because pinephone seems to have a "testudo
slow speed" CPU.

Con Tiscali Mobile Smart 70 hai 70 GB in 4G, minuti illimitati e 100
SMS a soli 7,99€ al mese http://tisca.li/Smart70