[Gambas-user] Gambas on Mobian: FAILURE :-(

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 18:55:30 CET 2021

Le 28/12/2021 à 18:41, roberto.premoli at tiscali.it a écrit :
> Bounjour a tout le monde!
>
> HARDWARE: PINEPONE
> OS: MOBIAN (updated with apt-get update /upgrade 5 hours ago)
> GAMBAS: 3.15-2-1, installed from terminal emulator with apt-get install
> gambas3 (wait more than 2 hours, my microSD sucks!)
>
> i run from terminal emulator:
> ~$ gambas3
>
> and get: WARNING: ignoring  XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use
> QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on wayland anyway. Segmentation error.
>
> I try the follow:
> ~$ QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland gambas3
>
> and get the same answer
>
> then, I try the follow:
> ~$ export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland gambas3
> nothing happen, i get back the prompt at terminal emulator but no gambas
> IDE popup (comfirmed me by 'ps aux | grep gambas')
>
> Mobian and other GNU/linux distro for pinephone at the moment can be
> considered alpha or to say better, pre-alfa: in short, they sucks! Many
> effort must be done, maybe 2-3 years of developement will be necessary.
> anyway, one of my dream is to see gambas3 runing on them: i dislike
> android (under philosophical point of view) and i will love to see a
> GNU/Linux distro for mobile, but much better, gambas avaylable and
> usable on them (i wish to port on mobile what i already did with gambas
> on PC). So, here my report (i talk to much, yeah, i know) with hope to
> give help.
>
> thanks,
> Roberto

The 3.15 version has no support for Wayland. You must use at least the
3.16 version. It will mostly work, except that there are still bugs in
Wayland support from Qt, and in GTK+ (but far less), as well as missing
features in the Wayland protocol extensions themselves.

Did you see my message about Gambas on Pine Phone Pro?

Benoît Minisini