[Gambas-user] Where is the list of variables and prefix for them

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 19:12:21 CET 2021

On 12/16/21 6:23 AM, Gianluigi wrote:
> Il giorno gio 16 dic 2021 alle ore 12:18 Gianluigi <bagonergi at gmail.com <mailto:bagonergi at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
>     Hi Benoit and List

>     Example: txa = TextArea, txx = TextBox, txe = TextEditor, lbl = TextLabel (which is the same as simple label)
>     And so to follow for everything...
>

> hehe I have already committed a mistake ;-D
>
> Edit: txd = TextEditor
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

Maybe you did that simply because 'e' for Editor is more intuitive. Why 'd'?
And, why:
Bar --> r
Chooser --> h
?
Why not:
Bar --> b
Chooser --> c
?

Other than the above, I think your chart seems logical.

On 12/16/21 3:37 AM, Gianluigi wrote:
 > If we have chosen "h" for objects why should we make exceptions?

I don't see it as making an exception. I see it as documenting what the compiler supports. Why are you wanting to make the
exception to exclude it? ;-P

--
Lee