[Gambas-user] Where is the list of variables and prefix for them

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 10:08:13 CET 2021

Il giorno gio 16 dic 2021 alle ore 09:48 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> I think too, because there is sooo many control that 3 letter is not
> enouth now. The naming convention for control is mainly for the main
> gambas IDE source and shared components to ensure a better
> understanding of all the part.

I think three characters before the name of the control are sufficient, if
provided to give them a logic.

> But anyone can use it's own naming convention charter.
>
> It remember me that a usefull option could be a Charter system.
>
> for example with this option :
> - Naming on putting objects on form will be mandatory (and suggest the
> convention prefix and or suffix)
>     by popup an input form or an integrated textbox.
> - Object properties like color or style can be part of the charter
>
> A charter option dialog can allow to define all of these.

Admitted that I understand, I find this to be the opposite of what we all
want to get.
If we complicate things it will become difficult to understand the code,
exactly as if there were no prefixes.

Regards
Gianluigi