[Gambas-user] Where is the list of variables and prefix for them

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:54:30 CET 2021

On 12/15/21 3:45 AM, Gianluigi wrote:
> Hi Fabien,
>
> My intention would be to prepare a new document that implements some things of yours together with those of the document
> indicated by Benoit.
>
> Make it correct in 'good English' by Lee.
>
> Send it to Benoit for the endorsement.
>
> Post it on the wiki (with my times, of course).
>
> Do you like, is it  a good plan?
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

I am glad you are willing to spend time on this, Gianluigi. Thank you.

May I suggest that you distinguish the naming conventions that are actually supported by the IDE from those that are not? This
could be done simply with an asterisk and a footnote.

Thanks to the tip from BruceS, I found the location of the function that checks the validity of variable prefixes (which answers
Martin's original question). It is the 'TYPE_check_prefix' function at line 172 of gbc_type.c.

There appear to be eleven prefixes currently supported by the IDE. Benoît has listed eight at http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/naming.

The three not listed are:
p = Pointer
v = Variant