[Gambas-user] Reduced activity

Jussi Lahtinen jussi.lahtinen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 01:47:48 CET 2021

OK, it seems there are multiple explanations.
India (like some other poor countries) do not have infrastructure for all
the autopsies, corona testing, etc. So, the numbers are heavily
under-reported. See:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.20.21260872v1  (<-- still
in preprint!)

Also their age structure is very different. Example in Finland a bit over
20% of people are 65 years old or older (this is a little bit higher than
in Europe generally).
In India only a bit under 7% are 65 or older!

Jussi