[Gambas-user] Reduced activity

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sat Dec 4 00:30:50 CET 2021

Am 03.12.21 um 23:43 schrieb T Lee Davidson:
> On 12/3/21 1:50 PM, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
>> And is India (336) so good because there exists a natural immunity? Or are their numbers simply not right?
>
> Perhaps it is because the Indian government provided their people with medicine kits containing Doxycycline and Ivermectin.
> https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/indias-ivermectin-blackout---part-v-the-secret-revealed/article_9a37d9a8-1fb2-11ec-a94b-47343582647b.html
>
> It is illogical to blame mistreatment of a disease on the disease itself.

The RKI (Robert Koch Institut) in Germany states about Ivermectin
(Translation):

> A meta-analysis of 14 randomised clinical trials (N=1678 patients,
> outpatients and hospitalised patients in separate analyses).
>
> * No effectiveness with respect to the clinical endpoints studied, such as
> 28-day mortality, clinical endpoints such as 28-day mortality, clinical
> worsening with the need for need for NIV/IMV* or O2 supplementation by day
> 28, viral clearance on day clearance on day 7 and no or low effect on
> clinical improvement by day 28. clinical improvement by day 28.
>
> * Low to very low level of evidence Several clinical trials with systemic
> and inhaled administration Not yet completed Reports of relevant toxicity
> in case of overdose.

 > Possible side effects: Fever, pruritus, skin oedema,
 > headache, fatigue, vomiting/nausea, transaminase
 > elevation, asthmatic asthmatic attacks AI: strict
 > indication in pregnancy (in animal studies) pregnancy (in
 > animal studies evidence of embryotoxic and teratogenic
 > teratogenic effect)

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/COVRIIN_Dok/Therapieuebersicht.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

References (this is the meta study) :

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD015017.pub2/full#CD015017-abs-0002

I know Ivermectin because we use it for deworming of horses.

And doxycycline is a broad-spectrum antibiotic against bacteria with
quite hard side effects:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/doxycycline-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20068229

Why should it help against viruses?

I would definitely not eat any of them.