[Gambas-user] Gambas Foundation?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:28:13 CET 2021

On 12/1/21 4:58 PM, Christof Thalhofer wrote:

> Michael Hierweck, one of the chiefs of HS told me, that Sympa runs in a HS webpacket (shared hosting, but very powerful and
> feature-rich). There we can rent a so called 'daemon', this is a server which runs as the user of the shared webpacket.
>
> But I will have to try it out. Maybe they donate it to us.

If they do, I think we should put a prominent credit and link on the new site's home page like, "Powered by [HostSharing logo]".

> Yes. But Sympa also has the possibility that the archive can be used to write and answer posts, so it's a hybrid thing, which
> can also be used as a traditional forum.

Ah, very nice. I see in the Web Archive features list that it also provides a RSS feed. That may be a relatively easy way to
keep the home page updated from an 'announcements' list.

BTW, thank you for clearing up what you meant by, "some services." That makes sense.

And one more thing, Martín has expressed a willingness to work on the new website. Are you going to go ahead and create a
dedicate list (say, site at lists.gambas-basic.org or infrastructure at lists.gambas-basic.org) for that?

--
Lee