[Gambas-user] Gambas Foundation?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:19:35 CET 2021

On 12/1/21 2:36 PM, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> But for Sympa we need a server, I am not sure if it can be run in a Hostsharing Webpacket.

Looking at the Sympa system requirements, I can see how installing and using it on shared hosting would likely be difficult if
not virtually impossible. If procuring a dedicated server, or a VPS, is an issue, how about creating our own mailing list
software in Gambas? Would that be a monumental project?

There seems to be a need for a sane mailing list software based on re-searching for "MailMan alternatives" today. It would be
something we could share and perhaps garner more attention to the beauty of Gambas.

BTW, is there a reason we haven't moved toward a web-based discussion forum proper? If I recall correctly from previous
discussion, there are those who prefer the mailing list format, correct?

--
Lee