[Gambas-user] Gambas-dev? (vs gambas-devel)

PICCORO McKAY Lenz mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 12:14:35 CEST 2021

i updated the packaging guidelines issue:
http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2161

this is the solution real, to the dev part!

1. "gambas3" is a development languaje so all "the development environment"
is all the packages, not only "gambas3-ide" that's is only the "integrated
development environment"
2. "gambas3-ide" is only the Editor and graphical development
environment, *developers
still can develop without that of course*
3. "gambas3-dev-tools" must be a dependency on the "gambas3-ide", and this
one then must depends on "gambas3-runtime"
4. Gambas IDE said that "relies" on external tools but does not depends on
(still can work without), so the right word must be "Recommends" because
the "optional" word is only for some of those tools. I checked the code and
there's no checks around for, so IDE can start normally.

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com