[Gambas-user] Gambas-dev? (vs gambas-devel)

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 23:57:23 CEST 2021

Le 22/04/2021 à 23:51, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le 22/04/2021 à 23:50, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
>>
>> OK, so it's a problem only in RPM-based distributions... Then they
>> should use another name. I don't know what is the usual name in these
>> distributions for the package of a language that includes its
>> development tools...
>>

> ...and don't tell me it ends with "-dev".

I Mageia (a RPM-based distribution), they are using "gambas3-devel", and
they don't seem to make a problem with it.

Maybe it's because they are French like me.

We are used to the nightmare of our delirious and expensive bureaucracy
here.

Maybe it's why we don't anguish with an history of "-dev" vs. "-devel"
package name?

--
Benoît Minisini