[Gambas-user] Gambas-dev? (vs gambas-devel)

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 21:42:33 CEST 2021

I don't get it. gambas3-dev was practically renamed and basically all that
changed is that 2 letters were added. What's the big deal?
In Debian -dev packages actually carry header files that can assist other
devels in incorporating the libraries or programs they're made for into
their own programs.

gambas3-dev (at least in 3.12.2-1 which is on Debian 10 Stable as of now)
has no such thing. it houses the compiler and othe utilities. No header
files. So it makes sense that it is renamed to something else that
distinguishes it from normal dev packages.

So what exactly is gained here by retaining the previous naming convention
(which is wrong) Piccoro?