[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 3.16.0

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 23:47:01 CEST 2021

Le 20/04/2021 à 23:20, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> A cheeky note on your english my friend (hope you dont mind the
> observation/correction)
>   I have seen you use the word "normally" in similar context to the
> above last sentence but it does not really make sense in English as we
> do not use it that way.  I think the word you want is "generally".
> "Normally" to us  means more like "usually" (most of the previous
> times)  where as "generally" means more  "for the most part" (in general
> cases)
> It's harder to explain than I thought lol but trust me the word normally
> just does not really fit that sentence.

I'm afraid I don't make the difference in french between "most of the
time", and "for the most part"...

I used "normally" because it looks like "normalement" in French.

https://www.linguee.fr/francais-anglais/traduction/normalement.html

That page tells me that I can translate it as "normally", "generally",
"naturally" and seven other words. But not "usually".

Here I wanted to mean "login has been fixed unless the contrary".

--
Benoît Minisini