[Gambas-user] Mailinglist was down for a few hours

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Tue Sep 1 09:11:41 CEST 2020

Hi,

Am 01.09.20 um 00:49 schrieb T Lee Davidson:

> The existing browseable archive can be updated just as easily:
> mhonarc -outdir /srv/www/archive_dir -add /var/spool/mlmmj/list_name/archive

Cool, this can easily be called by cron.

> "NOTE: MHonArc skips any messages that already exist in the archive. Therefore, MHonArc can be used to rescan a mail folder to
> auto-find any new messages to add."

We must assure that all messages are backupped in parallel. Mailman does
this with huge mbox files and so the whole installation can be easily
transferred and the archive recreated whenever needed.

> If that works for everyone, I guess I'll just have to be happy with that. :-)

If you are happy we all are happy ;-)

If you want, we can create a new user with webspace and an new subdomain
on the host of lists.gambas.basic.org where we can play around.

Just send me your public SSH key and I'll start that.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur