[Gambas-user] Ouch, TextEditor just ruined my script :(

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:36:54 CEST 2020

> As I said in the bugtracker, 'Mode' property = 'Highlight' property +
> more editing features.

"The Mode property implies the Highlight property (that is just for
highlighting and rewriting) plus a few specific editor behavior"

Now, after having read your dozen mails, I finally understand that you
> wanted rewriting only enabled if the Mode property is set, not if the
> Highlight property is set.

Sorry Benoít but i needed to be clear an didn't think i had been.
Yes it would be good if the gambas highlight only changed how i see the
text colours like all the other highlight modes do.
Like i say none of the other highlight modes actually modify text just the
gambas one, and it's not really desired of a "highlight" i think.
The feature how it modifies text is great when editing a gambas file though
:)
It would make sense though i think for the "Mode" to be a modifier and
"Highlight" for just how it looks.

> I will see if it is possible.
>
> Regards,

Thank you Ben, and sorry again but i was fuming last night when it happened
to the script i'd been working on all day.
BruceS