[Gambas-user] Ouch, TextEditor just ruined my script :(

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:23:56 CEST 2020

Le 22/10/2020 à 19:09, Bruce Steers a écrit :

>         I thought setting the "Mode" on a texteditor did formatting not
>         the Highlight
>

> As there is little documantetion on the TextEditor does anyone know
> exactly how the 2 Properties
> "Highlight" and "Mode" differ as they have the same settings it seems?
> It has been my assumption that "Highlight" would just show the text a
> certain way while "Mode" would do formatting tricks.
> But i guess not.
> So what exactly does TextEditor.Mode="gambas" do?
>
> TIA
> BruceS

As I said in the bugtracker, 'Mode' property = 'Highlight' property +
more editing features.

Now, after having read your dozen mails, I finally understand that you
wanted rewriting only enabled if the Mode property is set, not if the
Highlight property is set.

I will see if it is possible.

Benoît Minisini