[Gambas-user] GauchoCAD + LibreDWG

Martin mbelmonte at belmotek.net
Wed Oct 21 02:21:03 CEST 2020

Hi,
I am pleased to announce that GauchoCAD[1], which as you know is a CAD
made with Gambas, is in good health, at the moment the program is
capable of opening autocad DWG plans (thanks to LibreDWG[2]) that close
LibreCAD[3].
We are using the library with the Shell instruction, which is not the
best in terms of performance.
We need some help in order to do something with Extern or directly a
gb.component that uses this library. Of course, if someone does this it
will be useful for many other projects not just GauchoCAD.

We need read/write dwg and dxf files more efficiently

Here we are an script to install LibreDWG in the system

     #!/bin/bash
     git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/libredwg.git
     cd libredwg
     sh autogen.sh
     ./configure --enable-trace
     make